Pest Deterrent Tips
Why Pest Prevention and Deterrents?
There are lots of pests in this world, and at some point everyone will find themselves battling a pest. Pests present a health hazard to your family, your pets, your home and garden.
Pest prevention really is worth investing some time in. It is much more cost effective to prevent or deter pests rather than have to control or exterminate them once resident in your house or garden.
There are various ways to prepare and maintain your home in order to escape infestations.
Top 20 Pest Deterrent Tips:
- Deter Pests from your Surroundings
- Lighting: lights lure bugs and insects, so porch and patio lights can be a perfect invitation for pests to enter your house. Have yellow exterior lighting rather than white.
- Gutters: clean out gutters in the autumn to prevent wood rot, and to prevent insects nesting in the rotting leaves.
- Keep your garden and the area around your house free of rubbish.
- Don't leave spilled birdseed under feeders and bird tables - it could attract mice, rats, pigeons and squirrels.
- Don't leave piles of wood, leaves, pipes and other detritus in the garden as it provides a perfect hiding place for rodents and other pests.
- Stacked Firewood - Keep firewood a decent distance from your house and make sure it's kept off the ground.
- Keep Pests Physically Out - check the exterior of your property
- Seal up holes around pipework.
* Did You Know Mice can get through a Hole the Width of a Pencil? *
- Fit brush strips to the base of doors.
- Fit fine wire mesh over vent holes.
- Screen windows that need to be open to prevent flying insect access.
- Be Inhospitable! - Pests need Food, Water, Warmth and somewhere Safe to Live
- Keep loose foods in sealed containers - glass or plastic containers.
- Lids on bins - take the rubbish out daily and clean up behind the bin. Bits of food on the floor in dark corners can attract cockroaches.
- Keep your home clean - vacuum regularly, including the mattresses. More info on Bed Bugs.
- Keep your pets clean - watch out for fleas.
- Check for water leaks - ensure no access to water if possible.
- Use poisons, physical traps, pest repeller devices and ideally call in the experts.
- Do your research.
- Check out several different pest control companies.
- Read testimonials.
- Ensure they are the expert for your type of pest.
Pest Deterrent - Top Tip
If you find that pest control in your home or on your property is too much for you to deal with find a pest control professional near you to safely and quickly carry out a program for pest control. A good pest repeller will eliminate your pests and give advice on making your home pest free for the future.
A Pest Deterrent Program can save you alot of money and heartache later.
Thought I'd just share this with you - It is so simple it's amazing and it will earn you cash - guaranteed - I'm using it and it's great - try it now!
back to top of page
Add to Favorites
This site is © Copyright Pest Exterminate Now 2006-2007, All Rights Reserved
Steve's free web templates
Pest Exterminate Now (Home) |
site map |